Full-Day Private Tour To Imlil And Toubkal In High Atlas Mountains From Marrakech
Leave the city Marrakech and walk in the Moroccan high plateau during this day trip. Cross the Toubkal National Park to the village of Imlil, in the foothills of the Atlas, and take a guided hike through the waterfalls and hamlets Berber, while familiarizing you with the Berber culture. Visit a Berber village, enjoy a traditional Berber lunch and enjoy a camel ride along the river. Lunch, private transport and transfer to the hotel included.
- Imlil and Atlas Mountains day trip from Marrakech
- Ascend the Atlas foothills past Berber villages, walnut groves, and lush valleys
- Visit an argan oil co-operative and Berber market (Saturdays only)
- Guided 2- to 3-hour hike from Imlil to see waterfalls and Berber hamlets
- Traditional Berber lunch, plus mint tea and biscuits at a Berber family home (subject to availability)
- Optional camel ride by Moulay Ibrahim river
- Air-conditioned transport and hotel pickup and drop-off included
What You Can Expect :
Departure from your hotel in Marrakech by air-conditioned vehicle and travel south, in the High Atlas Mountains, to Imlil, a Berber village, the last hiking stop below the mountain. Toubkal.
Follow winding roads over lush valleys and terraced fields and visit a women’s argan oil cooperative in the village of Tahnouat. Observe the workers making products with argan oil then go further in the village of Asni. If it’s a Saturday, stop by the traditional Asni Berber Market before continuing to Imlil, stopping for photos on the way.
Upon arrival, enjoy a tea or coffee and meet a local guide for your hike from 2 to 3 hours. Walk through Berber hamlets, walnut orchards and terraced fields; admire the waterfalls and spectacular views of the mountains; and hear about the Berber culture and places of interest of your guide.
Take a break for a traditional Berber lunch then continue to another Berber village where, if possible during the day, you will visit a private family home for a mint tea or coffee with biscuits.
After leaving Imlil late afternoon, enjoy a camel ride on the banks of the Moulay Ibrahim River before ending your visit with a deposit at your hotel in Marrakech.
- Transport from & to Marrakech
- Local Mountain guide
- Professional driver/ Guide
- Cultural trek
- Camel ride
- Bottled water
Not Included :
- Tips and Gratuities (optional)
- Personal expenses
- Anything not mentioned in the program
Departure TimePlease arrive by 08:45 AM for a prompt departure at 09:00 AM.
Return TimeApproximately 6:00 PM.
Dress CodeCasual, comfortable athletic clothing, hiking shoes, hat and sun glaces.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking
- Infant seats are available on request if advised at time of booking
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- Departure point : Your hotel or a designated central location in Marrakech.
- Departure time : 09am Hotel pickups commence prior to this time, you must contact the local service provider to verify your exact pickup time.
- Duration : 9 Houres (approx).
- Return details : Returns to original departure point.