Full-Day Private Tour To Ouarzazate And Ait Ben Haddou Old Kasbahs From Marrakech
Explore a UNESCO World Heritage Site in the foothills of the High Atlas Mountains on a one-day small-group tour from Marrakech to Ait Ben Haddou. Climb the Tizi n Tichka Pass, cross Ait Ben Haddou with a guide and visit Atlas Film Studios with a local guide. This small group tour is limited to 15 participants for a personalized experience.
- Explore the berber villages of the high atlas and enjoy the beautiful landscapes.
- Travel to traditional city of Ouarzazate
- Discover the World heritage UNESCO kasbahs
- Have a guided walking tour to Ait ben Haddou kasbah
- Enjoy a traditional lunch at a local restaurant with panoramic view on the Kasbah
- Visit the cinema museum of Ouarzazate
What You Can Expect :
Start the day with a pick-up at 8:00 am from your hotel in Marrakech, then start the road 190 miles to Ait Ben Haddou in a comfortable vehicle with driver / guide. The walk itself is a highlight of the trip. Going up the steep Tizi n Tichka pass, you will have spectacular views of the Atlas Mountains and the Moroccan desert at every turn.
Stop to stretch your legs in the mountain community of Telouet, where you can explore a ruined historic kasbah, then continue to Ouarzazate. Follow the narrow streets and winding streets through the sand-colored city of Ait Ben Haddou, a Ksar whose fortified walls protect the 17th century earthen houses. The entire complex is a UNESCO site, and is an ideal place to explore the distinctive architecture of southern Morocco.
Refuel with a lunch at a local restaurant (at your own expense), then visit Atlas Film Studios to see the remains of iconic films and TV shows, including Lawrence of Arabia, Gladiator and Game of Thrones. After visiting the studio, start the 3.5-hour trip to Marrakech, where you will arrive at your hotel between 19 hours and 20 hours.
- Air-conditioned minivan or 4WD Fuel included
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Entrance fees
- Bottled water
- Professional driver/ Guide
Not Included :
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Tips and Gratuities (optional)
- Personal expenses
- Anything not mentioned in the program
Departure TimePlease arrive by 07:45 AM for a prompt departure at 08:00 AM.
Return TimeApproximately 7:00 PM.
Dress CodeCasual, comfortable athletic clothing, hiking shoes, hat and sun glaces.
Read what our clients said about us
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Wheelchair accessible, please advise at time of booking if wheelchair assistance is required
- A minimum of 4 people per booking is required
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- Departure point : Your hotel or a designated central location in Marrakech.
- Departure time : 08am Hotel pickups commence prior to this time, you must contact the local service provider to verify your exact pickup time.
- Duration : 11 hours (approx.).
- Return details : Returns to original departure point.